If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- Identification of the copyrighted work or works claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material on our servers that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed, including the URL or list of URLs or other information to enable us to locate the material;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by you as copyright owner, or by your agent, or by law;
- A statement that the information in your notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the owner) of the exclusive copyright right that is allegedly being infringed.
- Your physical or electronic signature, or of someone authorized to act on your behalf;
- Instructions on how we may contact you, preferably by email
Our agent to receive such notifications of claimed infringement is Tom Mascord.
- Attn: DMCA Agent
- 1512 11th street#201
- Santa Monica, CA90401
- [email protected]
The DMCA does require that any infringement claim be in writing and that it includes the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit trendcelebsfacts.com to locate the material
- Your contact information so that trendcelebsfacts.com can contact you
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner
Your right to file a counter-notice
If we remove your user content in response to a copyright or trademark notice, we will notify you via a site notification. If you believe your user content was wrongly removed due to a mistake or misidentification of the material, you can send a counter-notice to our Copyright Agent (contact information provided above) that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and where the material was located online before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if your address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under DMCA 512 subsection (c)(1)(c) or an agent of such person.
Upon receiving a counter-notice we will forward it to the complaining party and tell them we will restore your content within 10 business days. If that party does not notify us that they have filed an action to enjoin your use of that content on reddit before that period passes, we will consider restoring your user content to the site.